Georgian Academy of Forensic Sciences is a multi-profile professional organization. The main goals of GAFS are:
- Developing forensic sciences;
- Exchanging theoretical knowledge and practical skills in this sphere;
- Organizing and holding scientific meetings, seminars, workshops and training courses;
- Creating welcoming atmosphere for those interested in forensic sciences.
GAFS also aims at gaining worldwide recognition as a high-quality provider of forensic sciences. Consequently it will:
- Strengthen and consolidate its structure;
- Involve high-qualified professionals from different countries;
- Reach high competence in this field;
- Establish collaboration with other similar organizations;
- Encourage laboratories in Georgia to carry out the advanced practice and the international standards for a competence and quality guarantee.